Sunday, January 11, 2009

Seeing Stars


I am taking a break from the month of snowmen to work on sawtooth star blocks for a swap I am in. The others in the swap are accomplished quilting piecers, so my personal challenge is to try to perfect my piecing skills. The blocks have to be 8 1/2 finished in size, and much to my surprise and relief, they are measuring 8 1/2 inches. The blocks have to be made using reproduction fabrics and it is great fun to see where one block winds its way to the next when coming up with the next block idea. The blocks are due to be mailed by February 1 and I have 17 more to go. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Libby said...

Your piecing is just beautiful and I love the fabrics - can't wait to see the quilt when the swap is completel.

Carole said...

Your blocks are lovely! Looking forward to seeing your swap quilt! cheers!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love your blocks. Really like the colors too.

Knot Garden said...

Beautiful piecing! I love star blocks of any kind and yours are gorgeous.