Sunday, October 31, 2010

October Last


Making some progress on the Moon and Stars quilt.  I need to make more of the triangle settings so the pattern will emerge.  The block on the left doesn't belong where it is, but wanted a picture to see how it would look with a different setting. 


Found the dot fabric for the backing today.  I'm pleased with it as I just love dots and these were the perfect color combo - also 40% off at a Halloween fabric sale!  Hopefully purchasing the backing fabric will inspire me to finish this quilt - I'm really amazed at the way this quilt is designed, and like the coverlet effect.  Had oodles of cute trick or treaters this year, so I sat and appliqued while waiting for the doorbell to ring.  I'm back to red and green applique for a bit, so will show that next time.  Happy Halloween to all!


6 comments:

Juliann said...

This is stunning! Can't wait for the big reveal.

Karen said...

Perfect fabric for the backing. Everyone loves dots.

Lori said...

That is coming along nicely Dixie!!

Libby said...

The perfect project for Halloween night! I just love it!

Mary said...

I love this quilt, Dixie. The contrast is fantastic!!!

Celtic Heart said...

I love this quilt too and wanted to make it but I think I'd have a hard time applique-ing those points on the moons. Do you have any tips?

Moe