Monday, June 11, 2012

Leaping Hare


This is the latest block from the Tulip Farm quilt by Blackbird Designs, and it just cracks me up to look at the proportion of the tulips and the hare.  This is what I love about folk art quilts - the sense of whimsy and unperfection which is so me...

Two weeks ago we had our latest folk art class at the local quilt store, and we were so sad to hear that our leader, Gretchen, was retiring from teaching.  But the next day I got an email from the quilt store that they are going to keep the classes going.  So, so pleased to hear about this as I would really miss getting together with the group every month to share our progress.














This is the latest red and white transferware find.  I was thrilled to pieces yesterday to find the large Jenny Lind platter at a thrift store, and not a chip in sight!  I have been so taken with bone dishes since I started seeing them on the Blackbird ladies' blog.  They are perfect for catching tiny applique pins or bits of thread when you are sewing.



















This is my favorite picture so far of Jamie and her Dad at the wedding, taken by one of her friends.  We are patiently waiting for the rest of the pictures.  The photographer emailed today and said she is sending the rest of the pictures to us tomorrow.  We are looking forward to getting together with the family for Father's Day, so it will be fun to see the rest of the pictures together.  The wedding was really beautiful and so touching to see our daughter's wedding day.   Hope you are all having a lovely early summer with time to get a few stitches in!

12 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful venue for a wedding!! Father and daughter are lovely/handsome!!

I love your quilt block. So fun and folksy!!

Janet said...

What a wonderful picture of your daughter's wedding day. It looks like it was a beautiful day. The garden looks fabulous!
Your block is delightful! I love the fabrics you are using. Blackbird Designs make such lovely applique patterns.

Mary said...

That's a beautiful wedding picture! I hope it was a really fun day.

Barb said...

aaww, gorgeous wedding photo! the flower and bride are stunning!
I love bone dishes too - they work really well as little jelly/jam dishes.

Dawn said...

Sweet wedding photo.
Love the bunnies and tulips - I agree that's part of the charm in folk art.
Your transferware is beautiful - the platter is a great find. Love the bone dish too.
What a fun post!!

antique quilter said...

what a beautiful dish, wow I just love it

the picture of your Dh and DD is just so precious.
The garden looks amazing....perfect setting, perfect day....
Kathie

Maureen said...

Beautiful stitching! I love the whimsy, too!
Great find!
Hope you got the photos in time to share on Father's Day. That is a beautiful shot with the dappled sunlight. I almost didn't notice the pretty setting with such a pretty bride!

Karen said...

Another good block for your quilt. How many more do you have to go?

Libby said...

What's not to love about folk art designs - I just love your bunny *S*

That's a great father/daughter photo. Special memories of a very special day.

Fabric Carolina said...

ur goal? We want to pass the incredible savings on to you! All fabric is new and comes from a smoke free environment. We hope you will enjoy your shopping experience with us at fabriccarolina.com
Sunbrella Fabric

myfabricconnection said...

This is an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING idea!! I love it! What a cool way to share ideas and perspectives of fashion!
duralee seaglass fabric

Lis said...

I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs that I ordered through Dr Itua Herb store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. I love Traditional Medicine so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time and money. I was cured 3weeks ago, i suffered from HIV for 5yrs but with the help of Dr. Itua herbal medicine, I was cured within three weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same man also cured my Aunt from herpes, as soon as I heard she had herpes, I referred her to the doctor and she was cured after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 18 persons and they were all cured from their various illnesses. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. This man is a herbal doctor, I assure you of cure if you drink his natural herbs. He has herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, etc. Contact Dr. Itua on email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.