Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fair Daffodil


The next batch of stars are finished using Jo Morton's method and Jo fabric. They are four inches finished which is a nice size, I think. This method of making stars is very accurate and there is no extra triangle to cut off, but I'm not sure I could cope with the math challenge of making a different size. Will have to experiment and see what happens.





Ah daffodils, the first sign of spring. The first beauty opened on February 4 this year which is a little earlier than usual due to unusually warm weather in January. Blue forget me nots are planted around the daffodils and some years when the timing is just right, they are blooming at the same time. Its really a lovely combination. Then there is also the ever present mint that creeps in amongst all the plantings, but its saving grace is the wonderful smell when walking across it.

6 comments:

Libby said...

I love those stars . . . . and I agree that 4" is a very nice size block.
I'm still waiting for my bulbs to have flowers. They are very confused and don't always make an appearance when they should.

Unknown said...

Hello: I love your blog, and your stars, I am from Argentina, and I invite to you my blog, a greeting, Veronica.

Unknown said...

Hello: I am very happy of your commentary, you will be in my blogs favorite, this way in my country they visit your blog.An affection, vero, thanks.

Carole said...

That star quilt is turning out gorgeous! I just love your choice of fabrics. No spring flowers but I do hear the sounds of our spring/summer birds! Cheers!

Mia said...

How lucky you are to have daffodils in bloom already! We still struggle with snow here, but I secretly hope that under all that snow my daffodils are pushing up from the ground, and that as soon as the snow is gone (which I hope will be pretty soon!) my daffodils are ready to bloom too.

Anonymous said...

you dork! :)