Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cherry Basket Block



This month has flown by, so wanted to post a picture of the latest Cherry Cake block before the end of the month - whew just made it!  This block is modified from a pattern in the 101 Applique Blocks book.



The number of appliqued blocks are slowly growing, and are very enjoyable to make.  Am prepping the next Cherry Cake block which isn't as involved as some of the others, but there will still be a fair amount of cherries!

Really enjoyed crocheting this Montana Tote designed by Knitting Architect for my daughter, Jamie, and she loves it. She asked me to make it when she found the pattern on Etsy here.  I'm in the process of crocheting a wheat colored bag for my daughter, Holly.  Its a nice, easy project to pick up and crochet a few rounds in the odd moment.  Its a nice, heavy bag with a long strap that fits cross body so its secure.  Think I will make one for myself next!



I sincerely appreciate all of you who stop by for a visit, and hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  Off to make a curried cauliflower soup to take to work for lunch during the week ahead.




10 comments:

Mary said...

Another beautiful block and I LOVE the bag! I see a lot of knit projects posted but I love to crochet. Have you made the cake yet?

Barb said...

Love the new block. This project is so fun to watch.
The soup sounds delish!
the bags are really great, my daughter would love it, but I'm hopeless at crochet.

Janet said...

I love the shape of the basket and the black adds a dramatic touch. Your blocks look wonderful together. The bag looks great too.

Karen said...

I like what I see with your applique project. I just received a copy of the 101 Applique Blocks. A good book for sure.

Janet said...

Your block is gorgeous and they look wonderful together. I love the bag too, it looks so neat. Maybe you could share the soup recipe, I could use some new ones.

Janet said...

I am loving this quilt. Can't wait
to see the next blocks.
Janet

Lori said...

Another fantastic block!

I love the crochet bag too. It's nice to have another project to switch to.

Jan said...

What fabulous blocks! This is going to be a great quilt. Love your crocheted bag, too, especially the color.

Ann Champion said...

I love the newest addition to the quilt!

Love the bag too! :)

Libby said...

Love your Cherry Basket project so much. You do the most fabulous applique!

The bag is pretty darned wonderful, too.